Position Title – Finance Director
Salary – DOE
The Finance Director is responsible for implementing and managing the State Party’s fundraising program.
The Finance Director works with the Chairman and Executive Director to develop a comprehensive fundraising program each year. The major elements of the Party’s fundraising program are:
- Direct Mail
- Major Donor
- Annual Events (Legislative Reception, Fall Dinner)
- Special Events
A & B. The Finance Director supervises the planning and execution of the Party’s direct mail and telemarketing programs. The Finance Director will work closely with vendors/consultants to implement successful mail and phone fundraising programs. The Finance Director supervises the work of the vendors, including approving copy and design, approving target lists and costs, and tracking the progress of each project. The Finance Director will work closely with the Director of Administrative Services to see that all contributions are deposited within the 10-day deposit window.
- The Finance Director works with the Communications Director to implement the Party’s internet fundraising program. The Finance Director is responsible for drafting at least one fundraising email per week. The Finance Director is responsible for tracking contributions, and reporting final totals.
- D. The Finance Director supervises the planning and execution of the Party’s Major Donor Program. The Finance Director identifies major donor prospects, creates major donor call sheets for the Chairman, schedules and/or supervises scheduling for the Chairman for Major Donor meetings, and coordinates follow-up calls, letters and meetings with donors.
- E. The Finance Director supervises the planning and execution of the Party’s annual fundraising events. This includes, but is not limited to, the Legislative Reception and Fall Dinner. The Finance Director is responsible for determining format, theme, price point, sponsorship levels of the event, inviting keynote speakers and special guests, securing venue and contracts, inviting attendees, coordinating table captain and volunteer recruitment, tracking registrations, coordinating day-of logistics, tracking the event budget and goals, as well as organizing post-event reports.
- F. The Finance Director supervises the planning and execution of the Party’s Special Events Program, including obtaining prominent political figures for these events, developing invitation lists and selling tickets to the events.
This position requires organization and administrative skills, the ability to recruit and lead volunteers, strong writing and communication skills, creativity and a heart for hospitality. The Finance Director must be well acquainted with compliance laws and regulations and follow the WSRP compliance procedures manual and supervise the deposits of fundraising efforts.
The Finance Director prepares and/or supervises the preparation of daily and weekly reports on the status of fundraising activities for the Chairman and Executive Director. These reports include goals, timelines, action plans and regular progress reports which measure performance against goals as well as pledges vs. money received.
The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director and the Chairman
Position Title – State Field Director
Term – ASAP through November 2018
Salary – DOE
The State Field Director (SFD) is responsible for the daily management of the duties and tasks assigned to the Political Operations Division of the Washington State Republican Party (WSRP). The State Field Director’s primary responsibilities are to oversee and implement the WSRP’s large-scale field plan with the goal of electing Republicans up and down the ballot in 2018.
The SFD assists the Executive Director in implementing the political plan of the Party and carries out specific tasks assigned to him/her by the Executive Director.
- Hire, train, and manage Regional Field Directors (RFDs).
- Set voter contact goals and track/analyze RFD performance.
- Oversee WSRP Voter ID and Get-Out-The-Vote programs.
- Provide regular field reports to Chairman and ED.
- Provide assistance to candidates and county parties.
- Conduct occasional opposition research.
The SFD may provide general assistance and strategic advice to legislative, statewide and federal candidates. The SFD works in conjunction with the Data Director to ensure that GOP candidates are familiar with State Party services and policies regarding candidate support.
The SFD manages the Regional Field Directors on a daily basis, providing direction, instruction and assistance as needed. The SFD is responsible for implementing a system of accountability for RFDs to ensure goals are met. The SFD should create a culture of professionalism that motivates and inspires RFDs to meet their goals.
The SFD will work closely with the Data Director on a daily basis. Together, they will ensure that all data from the field is properly collected and tracked. The SFD will collaborate with the Data Director to keep the voter file up-to-date and to maintain current and accurate universes in the field. The SFD will communicate frequently with the Data Director about issues, feedback, and training needs throughout the state.
The SFD coordinates Party programs and activities with the appropriate staff personnel of the legislative caucus campaign committees.
The State Field Director reports to the Executive Director.
Position Title – Field Staff
Location – Multiple locations in WA
Hire Date – ASAP
Pay – $15/hr
Reports to – Regional Field Director
The Washington State Republican Party is seeking to hire both part-time and full-time Field Staff throughout the state of Washington for the 2018 campaign season. Field staff play an important role in our strategic plan to elect Republicans at the state and federal level in Washington State.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate activists and volunteers
- Identify and engage directly with voters in targeted districts
- Garner support for Republican candidates in your region
- Ensure responsible and proper handling of voter data
- Help organize Super Saturdays and other activist events
- Provide daily reports to the Regional Field Director
- Meet goals and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Additional duties as requested by the Regional Field Director
Skills/Requirements- Strong social skills, positive attitude Independent and self-motivated Passionate/Energetic, inspires confidence in others Possesses honesty and integrity Must have reliable transportation Able to work evenings and/or weekends
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kaitlin Vintertun at email@example.com