The 2023 Legislative Session is here and Republicans are set to fight back against Democrats’ reckless policies.
Republicans will fight to bring affordability back to Washington State: Democrats’ continuous tax increases and punitive regulatory policies that make life more expensive for working families. We’re committed to passing tax relief measures and common-sense policies to help alleviate financial burdens for struggling families, students, small business owners, and the most vulnerable. We also stand in opposition to a state income tax, which would hurt families and eliminate a significant competitive business advantage.
Republicans will fight to bring Public Safety back to our communities: Chronic homelessness, addiction, crime, and untreated mental health needs – our communities face significant challenges that demand real solutions. The Democrats’ ineffective and destructive policies ignore these problems’ root causes and make them far worse by eliminating essential support from law enforcement professionals. Our communities deserve more than ranking last in the nation for the number of police officers per thousand people. We’re committed to keeping our streets, neighborhoods, and families safe by funding police departments across the state and passing measures to encourage police officer recruitment and incentivize retention.
Republicans will work to hold our Government accountable: One-party rule in Olympia has led to a lack of consequences for significant failures, from crippling data breaches and significant cost overruns for transportation projects to the early release of violent prisoners and the unaddressed homelessness and substance abuse crisis. Without government accountability, everyday families will continue facing the devastating impact of failures. We will work to hold the governor and his state agencies accountable, working to restore public trust by increasing oversight and implementing proven reforms.
Republicans will work to empower Parents: Parents have a right to know what their children are taught – and they have a right to decide how their children are educated. We’re committed to strengthening trust in our K-12 education system by ensuring transparency. Unlike the Democrats’ special interest-driven agenda, we believe in enabling parents to help their children succeed in school and life by assuring the financial and educational flexibility necessary for school choice to become a reality.
Check out our resources below to:
- Learn how to influence OIympia
- View Pre-Filed Bills
- Contact your Legislator
- Testify on bills
- Join one of our Republican Unity Network (RUN) teams or,
- Pitch in to help our local Republican candidates across the state!
- HB 1158 / SB 5082: Abolishing Advisory Votes
- HB 1045: Creating a Univeral Income Pilot Program
- HB 1095 / SB 5109: Extend Unemployment Benefits to those not allowed to be employed
- HB 1024: Increasing incarcerated people’s wages
- HB 1136: Overly broad legislation on employee reimbursements
- HB 1124: Capping Rent Increases and Late Fees
- SB 5286: Increasing the PFML Payroll Tax
- HB 1473 / SB 5436: Creating a Wealth Tax
- HB 1025: Eliminating Qualified Immunity for Police Officers
- HB 1325 / SB 5451: Changes the age requirements for early release laws from 18 to 25
- SB 5237: Creating complaint procedures and removing local control over school curriculum
- HB 1130 / SB 5078: Allow for legal action against gun manufacturers and dealers for the actions of criminals
- HB 1143 / SB 5211: Requiring Permits to purchase firearms
- HB 1144 / SB 5232: Enhancing Requirements for the purchase or transfer of firearms
- HB 1178: Concerning local government authority to regulate firearms
- HB 1180 / SB 5193: “Assault Weapons” ban 2.0
- HB 1240 / SB 5265: “Assault Weapons” ban
- HB 1091: Require Voter Approval for Tax Increases
- HB 1011: Repealing the long-term services and supports trust program
- HB 1029: Reemployment of State workers dismissed from employment due to vaccine mandates
- HB 1053: Restoring Police Pursuits
- HB 1363 / SB 5352: Restoring Police Pursuits
- HB 1093: Providing parents and their children with more choices for a quality elementary and secondary education through the family empowerment scholarship program
- HB 1210: Bringing more transparency to School Board meetings
Sign-Up to Learn How to Influence Olympia Effectively
Sign-Up for the Influencing Olympia Course
This complementary online class will help you develop the skills you need to make a real difference advocation for (or against) a piece of legislation. Learn more and sign-up here.
Other resources on getting involved in the Legislative Process
CALL YOUR LEGISLATOR
TESTIFY ON BILLS
JOIN THE REPUBLICAN UNITY NETWORK
Get Involved, Make An Impact
2023 is a loaded year for local races and we are working hard for our great Republican Candidates running for School Boards, County Council, and everything in between, but we need all hands on deck. Fill out the form below to Join a Republican Unity Network (RUN) team near you!
Help Build Our Bench
Click here to pitch in and help our 2023 local candidates – we’re building a bench and working to get great Republican candidates elected from School Board to City Councils and we need all the help we can get!