WSRP Celebrates Governor Jay Inslee’s Decision Not to Seek a Fourth Term
BELLEVUE – The Washington State Republican Party (WSRP) today celebrates Governor Jay Inslee’s announcement that he will not seek a fourth term as Governor of Washington State. Inslee’s tenure has been marked by numerous missteps and poor decisions that will have long lasting negative impacts on the citizens of Washington.
WSRP Chairman Caleb Heimlich said, “It’s time to turn the page on the disastrous Inslee era in Washington State. For over a decade, Governor Inslee has taken our state in the wrong direction. His decision to not seek a fourth term presents an opportunity to elect a Republican governor who will put Washingtonians first and prioritize the needs of our communities.”
Disregarding the numerous tax increases and extreme policies that have become law under his watch, Governor Inslee has made several egregious missteps, including:
- His abuse of emergency powers for nearly three years, undermining the democratic process
- Causing an unprecedented worker shortage that has severely harmed our ferry, transportation, healthcare systems, and others
- His allowance of protestors to take control of an entire city block in Washington’s largest city, leading to deadly outcomes
- His failure to address the growing homelessness in our state
- His mismanagement of Western State Hospital, which resulted in the loss of critical federal funds and deepened our state’s mental health crisis
- His waste of taxpayer dollars to finance his failed presidential campaign
- His refusal to fight for struggling families during the unprecedented economic turmoil and rising inflation under the Biden administration
- His adoption of policies that have released violent criminals from prison far earlier than they should have been released
- His failure to support our police and deter criminals, resulting in skyrocketing crime across our state
- His mismangement of Washington’s Employment Security Department and subsequent loss of hundreds of millions in unemployment benefits to Nigerian scammers
Chairman Heimlich continued, “The people of Washington State deserve better than Governor Inslee’s failed leadership. We look forward to supporting a Republican candidate who will prioritize the well-being of our communities, restore fiscal responsibility, and bring common-sense solutions to the challenges facing our state.”
The Washington State Republican Party is committed to working tirelessly to elect a new governor who will lead Washington State in a positive direction and away from the mistakes of the Inslee administration.